Hi there! Thank you for taking the time to visit my website. Since you’ve somehow found this post, you must be curious about me. Or you’re really bored, which is okay too. No offense taken.
I’ve compiled a few random facts about me for your entertainment.
Here’s a fun fact to kick things off. See that giant photo of me at the top? I took it while hiking up Hawaii’s largest volcano – Mauna Kea (13,796 feet / 4,205 meters). It’s located on the Big Island of Hawaii. The other big volcano in Hawaii, which is also located on the Big Island is Mauna Loa. Mauna Kea draws quite a few tourists because of the huge observatories on it’s summit. The view from the top is incredible.
Okay, ready for some knowledge bombs?
Fun Facts About Me
- I’m 6’4″ (193cm)
- I <3 Haribo Gold Gummi Bears - the best in the world!
- When I was younger, I was too cool for a bike helmet. Naturally, I proceeded to crash my bike and ended up with half a dozen stitches on my head. It’s crazy how much a head injury bleeds, I was coated head to toe. I wish I had a picture.
- I’m an only child so I have issues with sharing.
- LEGOs were one of my favorite toys as a kid. I still like them a lot.
- While living in Anchorage, Alaska, I went hunting for the first time.
- I dislocated and fractured my kneecap playing basketball. I didn’t realize the severity and kept playing for about 30 minutes, despite being unable to jump. Later, the x-rays showed that my patella was nearly split in half.
- My first car was a 1989 Hyundai Accent. It only cost $500 and the color was brownish-gold. Classy.
I’ve never been engaged and thus never married.I got married on January 15th, 2016!
- Hiking is my favorite activity.
- One of my goals has been to hike to the top of Mount St. Helens.
Still need to do that.Completed June 2014!
- I have a
dog(RIP 2016) and a cat(RIP 2012), both of which are named after characters in Miyazaki films.
- I hate tomatoes, particularly raw tomatoes. However, I like pizza sauce, spaghetti sauce and salsa (minus the chunks). (Update 2013: I’ve gotten better about eating cooked tomatoes since they’re so healthy.)
- I like to go swimming. As a kid I frequented Medical Lake, Couer D’Alene Lake, and Priest Lake. Not to mention Comstock pool in Spokane, WA.
- Growing up in Spokane, we always lived near Manito Park, my childhood playground. Every winter we’d ice skate on the duck pond and sled down the hill.
- My favorite movie series is Star Wars. I also like the Harry Potter series, LOTR, and James Bond.
- I would love to hike at least once on each continent. So far, I’ve hiked in North America and Asia. [Read Quest for Adventure]
- My favorite music genres are hip hop and EDM.
- I love to travel. At my old job, I traveled full-time for 2-years.
- I like to go out dancing, even if I’m not that good.
- Sushi, pho, steak and fettuccine alfredo are some of my favorite foods.
- I like zombies but I’m not really into horror movies. The Walking Dead and the original Night of the Living Dead are the best.
- I’ve lived in five U.S. states – Washington, Oregon, Montana, Texas, and Alaska – and two foreign countries – South Korea and China.
- I like anime and gaming conventions. I’ve been to Sakura Con and PAX Prime in Seattle, Washington and Kumoricon in Portland, Oregon. I want to expand on these fun experiences.
- I love cheese. Gouda, cheddar, Parmesan, and mizithra to name a few. “Cheese! Gromit!”
Phew! If you have any questions, feel free to comment below or contact me. I’d love to hear from you.
This photo was taken when I lived in Anchorage, Alaska. The baby moose was feeding on the tree. He let me get pretty close before we both got too nervous.
In 2016, my wife and I went to America for an epic West Coast road trip. We hiked Angel’s Landing in Zion National Park, which is a fantastic hike. The last half mile or so is the best.